4 Fantastic Benefits of Plants in The Bathroom
After reading this article, we guarantee that you’ll consider shopping for indoor plants for your bathroom!
Have you considered putting plants in the shower? If not, it’s time you do. Plants do not just make a space look homey, more welcoming, and breathe life and color – it has so many amazing benefits to you and all members of your family.
Having indoor plants, specifically in the bathroom, is not just a fad or something Instagram influencers do. You don’t even have to be a plant lover to own them. You’ll get plants for your bathroom because you NEED them. Intrigued? Here are the four benefits of indoor plants in bathrooms:
- Plants give off a spa-like vibe in the bathroom.
- They are beneficial to your health.
- Indoor plants are low maintenance.
- Plants enable your creative juices to flow.
#1 Plants give off a spa-like vibe in the bathroom.
Who doesn’t want to have a spa-like bathroom at home? We know we do! Plants have the ability to improve your bathroom's atmosphere and turn it into a relaxing haven filled with positive vibes. And to level up the spa-like vibes in your bathroom, upgrade to the best shower fixtures, particularly a rain showerhead. This modern fixture provides a strong water flow which can make you feel like standing in the middle of a strong tropical rainfall.
#2 They are beneficial to your health.
Believe it or not, plants are beneficial to people’s health in more ways than one. They are, in fact, proven to help with lung and mental health and improve one’s mood:
- Purifying the air. Plants can improve the bathroom’s air quality by removing various pollutants and increasing oxygen. Because of that, they are perfect for people who have allergies and have issues with their lungs or immune system.
- Removing moisture. Moisture in the bathroom is very high, which can increase the chances of mold from growing. Plants can also help with these damp problems in the shower because they thrive in the moist air, breathe it in, and turn it into oxygen, or in other words, fresh, clean air.
- Improving mental health. It has been proven by many studies that plants can help improve one's mental health. Being around greenery can improve one's outlook on life, communication skills, and relationships. Not to mention the de-stressing ability of plants. They can definitely help with one’s mood.
- Increasing energy. And speaking of mood, plants can help boost one’s energy as well. If you are not a morning person, you can increase your vitality by having some plants in the shower. Studies have proven that having indoor plants in the bathroom can lead to a boost of positive energy.
#3 Indoor plants are low maintenance.
If you are the type of person who cannot take on more responsibilities, a.k.a., super busy, there is no need to worry about indoor plants. Generally, they are low maintenance, which means they do not need much light and water. As mentioned above, indoor plants flourish in moist conditions – and the bathroom provides all the moisture they need. Shower plants do not die easily, so they are perfect for people who may have no time to care for them.
There are many choices of low maintenance indoor plants to get for the shower, and they include:
- English Ivy
- Boston Fern
- Peace Lily
- Snake Plant
- Spider Plant
#4 Plants enable your creative juices to flow.
Finally, having plants in the bathroom allows your creative side to come out. From shopping for macrame plant holders to installing hanging shelves for plant pots, you’ll find that you can express your creativity and personality with these plants. And yes, checking out Pinterest boards for plant inspiration is quite fun and de-stressing!